Typical Duties & Responsibilities
A UI designer is responsible for most of the visual aspects of the design. Things like flow and information layout, colors and typefaces, animation of elements, and responsive design.
- Plan and implement new designs or optimize existing UI designs.
- Establish and promote design/style guidelines, best practices, and standards.
- Provide all graphic elements, like menus, tabs, forms, widgets, thumbnails for app stores, and logos.
- Collaborate closely with developers, copywriters, and UX designers.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, user flows, prototypes and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
Typical skills & qualifications of a UI Designer
Knowledge or experience with some of the following:
- Visual Design Tools: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks and
- Prototyping/Wireframing Tools: InVision, Adobe Experience Design, Origami Studio, Sketch, Axure, Webflow, Framer X, Atomic, Principle, Just in mind, Balsamiq, Marvel, Proto.io, Craft, Figma, FlowMapp, VisualSitemaps, Treejack, Wireframe.cc, Optimal Workshop, UXtweak, Zeplin
- Familiarity with Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Strong communication, teamwork, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems
- Adaptability to changing conditions