Full Stack Engineer / Full Stack Developer
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
A Full Stack Developer is an expert in both front-end and back-end development of web, mobile, and/or native applications.
- Develop and implement scalable software applications.
- Write code for both the front-end and back-end development as well as create the communication that links the two.
- Convert designs to visual elements.
- Write effective APIs.
- Quality and security testing.
- Work alongside other engineers and developers, to collaborate on the various layers of the infrastructure.
Typical Skills & Qualifications of a Full Stack Developer
Knowledge or experience with:
- Back-end languages: PHP, Python, Ruby, Java, .NET
- Libraries and frameworks: Express, Django, Rails, Laravel, Spring, Angular, React, VUE, Ember, Backbone, ASP.net
- Version Control System: Git, Mercurial, SVN, CVS, Monotone, Bazaar, TFS, VSTS, Helix Core, ClearCase, Revision Control system (RCS), VSS
- Database management: MySQL, MongoDB
- HTTP and Rest protocols.
- Fundamental design skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Organizational skills.
- Analytical mindset.