Typical Duties & Responsibilities
A front-end developer links design and technology with an emphasis on a positive and functional user experience (UX).
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Create mockups and prototypes
- QA testing the graphical user interface (GUI), buttons, labels, drop-down behavior, and all other elements.
- Create data visualizations
- Platforms and browser testing
- Team collaboration
- Production and maintenance of websites or web applications user interfaces
- Ensuring design responsiveness of the website or application
- Be the expert regarding constraints and best practices in a web platform environment
Typical skills & qualifications of a Front-End Developer
Knowledge or experience with some of the following:
- Libraries & Frameworks: Bootstrap, Bluma, JS Foundation, UIKIT, Susy, Materialize, Pure.css less, ANGULAR, Vue.js, React, ember, NEXT.js, Redux, jQuery
- Build Tools: Gulp, Webpack, Browserify, GRUNT, Fastly, Flux
- Content Management Systems: Drupal, WordPress, ExpressionEngine
- Visual Design Tools: Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong communication, teamwork, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems
- Adaptability to changing conditions