A DevOps Engineer is a critical link between various departments (most often software development and IT Operations) for the purpose of speeding up, simplifying, and automating aspects of the software development process.
- Oversee the technical side of the software development process to ensure it follows established processes and the scope of work.
- Team collaboration, evaluation, coaching, and training.
- QA testing to identify technical problems and develop updates and ‘fixes.’
- Building & implementing new development tools and infrastructure.
- Integrate automation and improve development and release processes.
- Tracking, documentation, and workflow management.
- Ensure systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats.